sábado, 6 de septiembre de 2014

Not available. Misfiring promos

Sorry, but this page isn’t available.

To see the great Kobo offerings that are available where you are, go here: http://store.kobobooks.com

Yes, sure. And then, I'll have to go to the homepage (which geolocates and doesn't allow for english titles), search Melissa Yi (from scratch, it doesn't keep what you were looking for originally) and hope. Oh, yes! Now... "add to library", register, download... Look, it even allowed me to!

No, it wouldn't be the first time it kicks me out when it discovers that, gosh, I'm not buying from CONUS.

It's unacceptable. And one of the reasons I don't use B&N. Everybody out there with B&N books? I'm not using it because I've tried a couple score times and I've always been greeted wtith the same "not available in your zone" message. Even with books I know are not maimed by distribution agreements, licenses and such.

And part of the problem is the language. It's dry, bureaucratic. It leans to a "and don't waste our time, you nobody" vibe that is... counterproductive when someone is trying to buy something from you. Why are those messages, often introduced by something that is the seller's fault (*), drier than a 70's syntax error? Compare with this. Sure, some of them are basic. Standard server ones. But people try to give you a certain good feeling when they know they're closing a door on your face.

Kobo, B&N... No, they're too classy. That would imply customer relations with... gosh... readers! Plebeians!

Take care.

(*) Because, if it weren't, then I wouldn't be able to get those books anywhere else.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario